Saturday, July 9, 2011

Does God play golf? I think I found his ball(s).

I left Montana on Wednesday afternoon. About two hours after I landed in Minneapolis, my phone started to buzz with pictures of a hail storm that hit Red Lodge. The hail was merciless and soon the pictures started to tell a different story; damaged car roof, broken neon sign, leaking roofs. Three days later, I'm still working the phones trying to do damage control but it's just not working. I'll be getting on a plane Monday to get back so I can lend a hand with the recovery efforts in person.

I'm supposed to be doing some deep discernment of how God is working in my life right now. Instead, I'm being handed nothing but hassles. What is going on? Is there deeper meaning to this challenge? Or is this just the crappy side of life? I'm praying for strength; for me, for my folks and for my amazing staff. Maybe you would too?

3 comments:

  1. Perhaps one of those moments when the "God is in the crap" insights emerges.... hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesterday I was at St. Patrick's Guild and they have these wonderful little figures of Jesus playing baseball, basketball, etc alongside children. I am sure that in this case Jesus is right there with you cleaning up the damage, pounding nails and making phone calls. You and yours are held in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since my church is at the entrance of the country club and near the golf course, I would say that God, indeed, does play golf!
    I am so sorry to hear about your hail damage and say a little prayer that the cleanup may be swift and you may celebrate when it is complete.

    ReplyDelete