Sunday, September 7, 2008

A Different View

When I planned the space for my office when we built Bridge Creek back in 1999, I knew that I wanted to have windows. In our old location my office was at the back of the storage space, a windowless converted shell of a trailer. The new office had a view of downtown Red Lodge and if you sat just right you could see Mt. Maurice south of town. Needless to say, I came to love that view.

After a little more then a week in St. Paul, I've finally moved into my new office. Each apartment on campus has a small room designated as a "study." After comparing notes with some of my classmates during orientation this past week, I learned that not every study has a window. Thankfully, mine does.

From my desk I can look out into a beautiful wooded area that surrounds the edges of the campus. There is also a marshy wetland area that teems with birds. I think I'll like it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment